You are now leaving Bank of Ceylon (UK) Ltd.
Products offered by Bank of Ceylon, Sri Lanka are not authorised and regulated by the FCA/PRA. Therefore rules made under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 for the protection of customers do not apply. Protection afforded by the UK regulatory system, including the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) will not apply.
Bank of Ceylon (UK) Ltd only acts as an introducer to Bank of Ceylon, Sri Lanka.
Personal Savings Account
Make transfers/withdrawals whenever you like. Unlimited withdrawals allowed under this account and you are still entitled to an interest. (Conditions Apply, Call for more information)
- Accounts available in GBP (Minimum opening balance of £ 250)
- £5 account maintenance charges where the minimum balance falls below £250 during a month
- Minimum balance of £ 250 required to earn interest
- Interest paid half yearly in June and December.
- Quarterly statements issued
- Withdrawals can be made in person or by transfer to other UK bank accounts.
- Regular payments can be made by standing orders
- Allows for inward BACS transfers and standing orders from UK accounts.
- Personalised service
Interest is calculated daily and credited to the account quarterly. The minimum balance to be maintained in the account to qualify for interest is £250.
Applicable present interest rates per annum
|Gross Rate||Net Rate||AER|
|USD||No Interest Paid|
|EUR||No Interest Paid|
We will require documentary evidence to confirm your identity and residential address.
Proofs of identity (Any of the following documents)
- Current full signed EU passport (Mimimum 6 month visa for other passports)
- Current photo card Full UK driving license
- Current EU national identity card
Proofs for residential address (Any of the following documents)
- Current photo card Full UK driving licence (if not taken as of your proof of identity)
- Recent (dated within three months) utility bill (Not including mobile telephone bill)
- Recent bank/building society statement or passbook (dated within three months)
- Current Personal tax or council tax bill
- Current tenancy agreement with a commercial institution